AN ADVENTURE FOR YOUR SPOUSE
While you’re getting schooled in woodworking, we can entertain and educate your spouse. The 2018 Weekend With WOOD Spouse Event includes:
- Tour of Reiman Gardens, one of Iowa's top tourist attractions, on the Iowa State University campus in Ames, Iowa.
- Enjoy your choice of professional demonstrations about cooking, quilting, floral design, and more, while shopping the locally owned specialty shops in Ames' Main Street Cultural District.
- Tour of the Iowa State Capitol building, the dome of which is covered in 23-karat gold leaf.
- Shopping in Des Moines' hip and historic East Village area. All Spice is a must-stop for culinary fans; for a (sometimes snarky) souvenir of your Iowa trip, check out the selection of unique t-shirts and gifts at Raygun.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Meredith Corporation, including the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen, Test Garden, Photo Studio, and more.
- Inspiring and informative sessions about food, gardening, and more, taught by experts from Meredith's famous home and shelter magazines.
- A swag bag of goodies, and door prizes.
- Optional participation in the fun and exclusive Weekend With WOOD Spouse Charity Event: packaging meals to feed the hungry with "Meals From the Heartland," Saturday afternoon at the same time as the WWW18 Charity Build.
- Plus much more!
Note: Some tours may require a fair amount of walking and/or stairs, but we try to minimize it as much as possible.
The 2018 Weekend With WOOD Spouse Event costs $295 and should be purchased at the same time you purchase your Weekend With WOOD registration. Space is limited for this popular event, so register early to ensure a spot for your spouse!